Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ahh... The Beach


Some may think me uppity, but after spending the last few days at the beach, no ocean view, then I don't want to go! I am not that much of a beach person. I like to walk the beach and look for shells, but me and salt water just don't mix (not to mention I am a bit nervous with moving water). Kris really likes the beach, I have always preferred the mountains. But I believe I am coming around to his love of the beach. We had a great few days on our mini vacation before schools starts. Katy swam and swam. Karoline doesn't like the water, but enjoyed the sand immensely. Klaire loved it all! She giggled as the waves splashed her and was quick to walk right into the water with no fear whatsoever.

But the view! Absolutely amazing is all I can say. It makes me want to have a live worship service right on the beach with Chris Tomlin leading it! The majesty of God's creation is always around us, but when you see the beauty, power and grandeur of it right out your back door (or balcony) it makes you realize how small you really are and how enormous God is. I am ever so thankful for our little bit of beach and even more thankful for being reminded of our Awesome Creator. (And all of these picture were taken by me- this was our view.)Oh, and Kris has already booked a week next year for the same room. Needless to say we are saving our duckets and counting down the days!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, lovely! I'm relaxed just looking at your pictures! No beach trips here, well, except for the GuitarMan, he goes all the time!

    And led one of those live worship services on the beach recently! The youth are giving the report from the retreat tomorrow at that church and the minister asked the boys again to do the music for this service. As on fire as they were when they got home I would love to go and get everyone's reactions! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin