Sunday, December 26, 2010

Birth memories

Each one of our children has a specific memory of the circumstances around their birthday. With Jay, the story goes like this.

Contractions started at 3:30 p.m. on December 20th. After going to the hospital on the 19th thinking my water broke, I was leery to head to the hospital with contractions until I knew it was the real thing. After 6 hours of contractions, Kris and I went to the hospital thinking we might be coming home again. But it was time.

They hooked me up to an epidural- my first- the girls all came natural with very quick labors. Jay decided to take his time. So as we waited, Kris and I watched the end of the Bears/Viking game and watched as Jay Cutler showed his talent. The game ended around midnight and Kris and I rested, awaiting 3:00 a.m. for my water to be broke. 3:00 came and 45 minutes later, Jay came.

Jay's first bat. What a sweet gift from Aunt Anita and Uncle Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin