Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Santa Claus Conspiracy

Katy is a thinker.

She was been very distrubed lately trying to figure out Santa Claus. Yes, we do the Santa stuff. Not big time though and over the past few years we have been celebrating St. Nicholas Day (Dec. 6th) and that has really been planting seeds to lead them to ask these very questions. I am really shooting myself in the foot more or less.

So...Katy asked Kris and I these questions

1. Is Santa real? I think he might not be real.
2.  I know God didn't create fairies, and by the way I know there isn't a tooth fairy. So if He didn't create fairies then why would he create someone who has lived a really long time and flies around?
3. And if Santa isn't real then you are lying and that is sin.

But she did tell us that she wouldn't tell the other kids and spoil the fun for them. You see when I told her there wasn't an Easter Bunny- she found her friend at church and quickly told her their wasn't an Easter Bunny- after being advised not to do so. We shall see if she breaks it to Karoline or not.

1 comment:

  1. LOL I always answer questions with a question, never a direct answer. "Well, what do you think?" is a typical reply of mine. I don't ever build up the santa thing a lot. Ha, they asked the other day who gives the most gifts, us or santa. Well, I wasn't about to let him take the credit!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin