Monday, September 10, 2012

Baby #5

Credit
Back in June, Kris and I found out that we were expecting sweet baby #5. We decided that we would wait till around 12 weeks before we made any announcements of our joyful news. Sadly, on July 4th, at 8 weeks of pregnancy, the Lord saw fit to take our child home.

Since I blog to keep up with our goings on, I believed that it was important to recognize the life that we did not get to know. Kris has decided that the child was a boy and has had several names for him, ranging from Calvin to Rosco, which always helps to keep things light around here. We did tell Katy, for she sensed something was going on and several times had asked if I was having another baby. As time goes on, we will tell the other children, but this will also help document it.

It has been a strange experience, for I have never miscarried. It was one of those fears I always had lurking in the back of my mind. Since we hadn't made our pregnancy public, it was easy to let the miscarriage be between us and a few friends and family. I am thankful for the Lord's blessing of another life, and will praise Him in the sadness of losing that life. It has been a time of drawing closer to Him and relying completely on the Spirits comfort to move forward. I am also thankful for our busy house, which helps to snap you back to reality pretty quick. This experience has certainly made me hold my children tighter and appreciate them more. And after reflecting on this for the past 2 months, I would say that resting in God's providence is what makes going through a loss bearable and then even finding tremendous blessings in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin